We want to improve the lives of other developers by making hard problems simple, freeing them from operating and maintaining their own realtime infrastructure. We are looking for talented engineers to help us scale up our platform as part our growing team.
The current Pusher product is a multi-tenant distributed system that allows our customers to deliver billions of messages to their connected users. We operate at massive scale, and this informs and affects everything we do.
The languages we use on our core platform are Ruby and Haskell, and we use Redis extensively. But more than specific experience, we look for engineers who will thrive in a challenging environment, working on interesting problems across languages and technologies. You should always look to find the right tool for the job, and will be excited about working at the cutting edge.
Our engineering team is also heavily involved in operations, automation and testing. You will need to know how to deploy, monitor and maintain a large production system. You should be intrigued by the technical challenge of automating processes and testing on a realtime, distributed and stateful platform. And you care about regularly shipping features to customers and millions of end users.
- We are demanding about who we hire, and look for personal qualities as much as experience.
- You love to ship high-quality features for real users.
- You show perseverance in the face of tough challenges
- You are constantly curious about new technology
- You are pragmatic where necessary, but a perfectionist where it counts
- In terms of practical experience, it helps if you’ve worked on distributed systems in the past, or have fulfilled a sysadmin/ops role. You should have experience programming in an evented style in multiple languages and frameworks.
- Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
- Competitive salary
- Lovely peaceful canal-side office in the trendy Hackney
- Flexible hours
- MacBooks for all
- Regular all-hands hackdays
- Opportunities to blog, speak, etc.
- Profitable company
- Team lunches
- Private Health insurance
- Pension Plan