Do you want to design something that makes developers’ lives better? Pusher is all about helping developers, and our website is key to our success. It needs to be thoughtfully designed, simple and fast. We’re looking for a designer-developer who believes that design can make a meaningful difference and cares about how it is implemented.
You will be ensuring that Pusher looks awesome, and has equally awesome code.
Day to Day
You will be part of a cross-functional team including a designer, a marketer, a Scrum Master and developer evangelists. After the daily morning stand-up you will be working on building new interfaces and pages for our dashboard and website with our lead designer. In between, you will probably play with the office dog (Lemon The Corgi) and talk about the latest TV shows, memes or trends in the developer world.
After the break, you will be collaborating with the lead designer to create responsive, fast and cross-browser interfaces used by thousands of developers. We run in an Agile environment so you will also take part in planning, retrospective and demo meetings with your team and sometimes other parts of the business.
- 2-3 years professional experience
- User of SCSS/Stylus/LESS.
- Experience with one or many of: ES2015 / TypeScript / CoffeeScript / Babel (and you probably have an opinion and a preference on each)
- Experience with one or many frameworks like Angular / Ember / React / Backbone
- Familiar with concepts like BEM/OOCSS/Atomic or similar
- Fast and willing to adopt new tools/frameworks/languages
- Hunger to learn
- Experience in working closely with designers
- Passion for great user experiences
- Working in an Agile team using Git(Hub) with pull requests and code reviews
- Sense of humour and egoless ownership of projects
- Active Github account / open source contributions
- Design skills are a strong plus
- An interest or experience in public speaking and blogging
- Used Pusher in a project
- Experience in Ruby on Rails
- Great SEO-knowledge
- CI / Git flow experience
- Experience in D3.js / three.js
- Competitive salary
- Lovely peaceful canal-side office in the trendy Hackney
- Flexible hours
- Macbooks for all
- Regular all-hands hackdays
- Opportunities to blog, speak, etc.
- Profitable company
- A healthy dollop of Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose
- Team lunches
- Private Health insurance
- Pension Plan